In this course, we will teach you all you need to know about the key principles central to the laboratory diagnosis of human malaria. We will provide an in-depth review of the epidemiology, pathology and clinical features of malarial disease. Building on this foundation, you will move onto the main laboratory tests used, finishing the course with a detailed review of blood film morphology.
If you are training to, or currently report blood films as part of your job, this course is a must.
Not sure about enrolling? Check out the first lesson, ‘Basic Principle and Epidemiology’ for FREE!
Planner and author
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board, United Kingdom
Selected images used in this course are created with BioRender.com
Estimated Time to Complete
- Biomedical scientists/medical laboratory scientists
- Haematology trainees and consultants
- Haematopathology trainees and specialists
- Video tutorials with English captions
- E-learning modules
- End of course assessment (on successful completion of this course, you will be provided with a certificate of completion)
Release date 15th May 2021 (version 1.0)
This course has been approved by the Royal College of Pathologists Blood Academy for a maximum of 2 CPD points. Users should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.